Anish J. Banker
(949) 851-7220 phone
Mr. Banker is an accomplished civil litigator with extensive experience in handling a wide array of general and complex commercial, real estate and business litigation matters. He has a proven track record of achieving favorable results for his clients. His practice is concentrated primarily on eminent domain, inverse condemnation, and related real estate litigation and valuation disputes, including landlord-tenant disputes. Mr. Banker regularly advises real estate developers, financial institutions, institutional investors, private property owners and business owners in all aspects of eminent domain and inverse condemnation matters, and has successfully resolved some of the largest, complex land acquisition and valuation disputes in Southern California.
Mr. Banker has been consistently named a Rising Star in Eminent Domain, 2012 – 2018 in Law & Politics magazine’s Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, a designation given to the top 2.5% of attorneys in California. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Some of Mr. Banker’s more significant eminent domain cases include:
- Pomona Unified School District v. Gateway Triangle Development, LLC — (Initial Offer: $5.5 million; Result: $14.5 million)
- Caltrans v. Newport Diversified, Inc. (Combined Initial Offer: $606,308.00; Result: $6.75 million PLUS)
- City of La Mirada v. Majestic Realty — (Initial Offer: $93,000; Result: $2.3 million)
- Caltrans v. 7301 Artesia Blvd., LLC — (Initial Offer: $301,000; Result: $1.25 million PLUS)
- Palm Springs Unified School District v. Palm Investment Group — (Initial Offer: $4,446,000; Result: $7.8 million PLUS)